Perform the following steps to create an out-stream video ad unit and start showing video ads in it:
- Login to your GAM account.
- Go to Inventory > Ad Units > New Ad Unit and select the hierarchy of the ad unit.
- Enter the appropriate code, name, and description so that you can easily recognize the ad unit later.
- While selecting the sizes, choose the ones that support video ads. You will find the supported sizes in the “Video (VAST) sizes” drop-down menu
- Set the ‘Target Window’ and ‘Label Frequency Caps’ as per your preferences.
- Save the ad unit.
- Create the line item for the ad unit. Select the VAST video sizes here as well.
- Select the ad unit you created
- Define other targeting criteria if there are any.
- Go to the ‘Creative’ tab and define the creatives.
- Upload the creatives if it’s a direct deal, otherwise select a third-party tag.
- Generate the tag and add it to your site.
Learn more about setting up video ads on Google Ad Manager here.